1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

100% clueless about webdesign, can I do it?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by matt spinniken, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

If you're willing to read a book get this one. http://www.amazon.com/Non-Designers-Web-Book-3rd/dp/0321303377/sr=8-1/qid=1171323007/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-6315149-2484150?ie=UTF8&s=books

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep moving ahead with it.

You will find what you need sooner or later. There are several options.

It will probably boil down to the same basic principle of you get what you pay for.

There are so many landscapers that like to bring that up regarding landscape services, but turn a blind-eye to that logic while trying to save a buck on websites, just to end up with a piece of cheap looking junk.

I really think templates are worth looking at. But looking at them doesn't mean not doing one yourself. You could design something nice. It never hurts to shop, because shopping is vitually the most free aspect of the whole process.

If you find a nice HTML template, see if whatever editing program you are thinking about, will be able to edit it.

There shouldn't be a problem looking for free stuff. I think the crisis for some websites is when the landscaper tries to get everything for free.