1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

100 gallon prototype unit from Z-spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HoseJockey, Jan 27, 2007.

1. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

Does anyone know when this unit will be available. Looks like a great piece of equipment for big commercial props.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i bet that isnt going to be cheep
  3. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Chump change.
  4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

A 100 gal z spray, is that really a sound investment? This responce is in no way a rip on lt rich. I dont own a z spray, i have operated them and all reviews on their equipment are very good, good machine,good company,good customer service,all facts! My take on this (JMHO) 100 gallon z spray, ok, by the time you factor in the weight of the water, the frame,plumbing,engine,operator station,battery and all the dry chemical components, you will have a very heavy,cumbersome machine! For the same money you could buy a CUT capable of spreading,spraying and many other tasks with diesel power and the same or better ground psi. I doubt this prototype will ever see full production.
  5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that, to much weight.
  6. HoseJockey

HoseJockey LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

Thinking with the wide stance it could handle the hills on our commercial accounts. But I'm not sure how the single wheel in the back will do on the hills. I have no experience with this set up. Reminds me of the grasshopper mower.
    The 100 gallons I could spray pre emergent on areas to small for our kabota tractor. Put a 100ft of hose for hand spraying, might be a productive machine.