1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

100 yards of mulch too big for my small business in cincinnati

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by americanpropertymaint., Jul 7, 2010.

1. americanpropertymaint.

americanpropertymaint. LawnSite Member

I have a job that requires near 100 yards of mulch. I do not think my equipment alone could handle this. could I make money by contracting this out still? and how much would some of you guys spread 100 yards of mulch for?

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

call someone who can blow it for you. Ask what they charge, put some on it for you.

3. americanpropertymaint.

americanpropertymaint. LawnSite Member

thanks, for a pittsburgh guy your alright

4. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, after you figure labor & materials, I always call my local bark blower company, they can actually do it cheaper than I can, plus It saves everyone's backs...

5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Hell get it delivered and wheel borrow it. I would love a job that size!!!

6. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

Call me -- we might be able to work it out on a sub basis.

7. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

$10,000 and do it yourself. That job is a money maker. Take your time and do it right.

8. JBlawn

JBlawn LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Hey pm me if you want to talk figures about subbing it out. Im in the montgomery, indian hill area.

9. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

100 yds sounds like a lot to do by hand, but when you break it down really isn't that bad. If the average is 1 yd per man per hour, then 4 guys should be able to do it in 3 days.
    I've done 55 yds in less than 2 days with a 3 man crew. With wheelbarrels, pitchforks and rakes only.

10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

A few years ago we did 70 yards in 8 hours but we had a turf machine and a bobcat and 4 guys.