1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

$1000 per week

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Oscapes, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Oscapes

Oscapes LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

My goal is to make about $1000 per week working 20 hours a week. That's $50/hr. I am offering mowing, mulching, planting, retaining walls, aerating, and detatching.

The most difficult part is incorporating all of these services a week and working a steady 20 hours per week making $50/hr.

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how many mowing accounts I need and how many of this or that I need.

Any advice, maybe I am going about this all wrong. Is there an easier way?

Obviously, I will make more doing the landscaping portion opposed to just lawncare.
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Don't incorperate all the services. Specilize in only 1-2 of them.IE retaining wall, get great at them and you will have no trouble getting 20 hrs a wk. Then sub yourself out to other lco that don't specilize or can't keep up with the work load
  3. Oscapes

Oscapes LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Do you all have a website?

Well, I am going adverse mainly for landscaping work such as retaining walls, planting and mulch. But I want to use the mowing part as an upsale service.