$1000 Suspension Seat...NO WAY!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Dec 2, 2007.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Did he get the seat interlock to work....I would like a new seat but I discovered that a seat interlock is pretty important on these darn unit since it is easy to hit those controls in getting off and if the break isn't on...

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Michigan Seat make most suspension seats for ZTR's including Exmark, Hustler, Scag, etc. They can be bought new for as little as $350 (estimate) from Northern Tool but they only sell them in black. They are a $500+ option on most brands. Michigan seat just customises them (including logo)for the ZTR company's. I think John Deere should use Michigan seat, that's one option they really need to look at (not just the add on suspension kit).

3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Current list price for a Hustler one is $588.95 under part # 792051. And it is a Michigan Seat Co. seat. :usflag:

Gravely sells the same seat in black under part # 9293000 at $597.71 list.

4. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

5. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

The seats you guys are talking about for 300.00 is not the same as the 1000.00 seat for a Walker. The 1000.00 dollar seat is a Grammer seat(only offered on liquid cooled machines). Two totally different seats.

6. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

who in their right mind would buy a black seat?? they look tight but man are they hot!!

7. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of people. I cover mine to keep it cool until ready to use, Cool being a relative term, as it was 81° here today.

8. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The seat on my toro needed replaced and the o.e. seat for mine was $600. I bought one of those Hustler seats from the dealer as well. It was a new take off. I paid $100 for it. Same bolt pattern and all. Its just not a suspension seat but for $500 I can bump a little more.

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

So what? $1000 for a seat is ridiculous. $500 is silly too. But they do make a big difference.

10. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Yea same here.