$1000 Suspension Seat...NO WAY!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Dec 2, 2007.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

The grammer seat is on ebay for $599
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My Dixie seat will be in it's 10th season next year. While the seat is still in decent shape with no tears or anything, the sun is starting to break down the armrests. I'm looking around for a replacement seat to purchase in the not too distant future. Black is an unacceptable color. Grey or white only with white being preferable.
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah the deere suspension kit is like $400-$500 if you buy from the dealer but i got mine on ebay for $100. i put it on myself. it made a night and day difference. my back no longer hurts after mowing those 3 acre yards now lol. they've gone up on the price a bit since then.

i really can't believe they sale a commercial mower without a suspension seat. even homeowner models have springs under the seat lol.
  4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes it fits you have to drill new holes and have to sleeve hydro levers
    You will be amazed with the ride it gives you. I buy mine on eBay some times you find good deals on them last one I got it for $278 :waving:
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Milsco bought out Michigan Seat a few years back...I had the welds break in the bottom of one of my suspension seats that was manufactured by Michigan. Milsco replaced the seat with a new one, and paid to ship the broken one back to their factory, enabling them to see exactly what caused the failure.

I thought this to be exceptionally good customer service, actually above and beyond the call of duty; due to the seat being out of warranty.

The Grammer Seat is the way I would go now.