109 degrees yesterday!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Duncan Lawn Care, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

How can you get cheapskates to water more often???? I try and tell them a new yard will be more $$$$ than watering a few more hours in the day. They just blow me off because there's only a couple brown spots. Next week they'll be dead.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Are all your lawns irrigated there?

0 of my lawns are irrigated, and only about 2 actually water with sprinklers and hose.

When its dry, I go on vacation!!!
  3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Last night at 9:30 PM it was still a 'real' feel' temp. of 101

4. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

No dry heat here. Runs about 70% humidity also. With that kind of temperature there's no way for me to keep properly hydrated. Couldn't sleep last night because of back and leg cramps.
  5. flipflopman

flipflopman LawnSite Member

117 was the high yesterday here........... ouchie
    not very humid though..... just blazing hot. I made the mistake of riding my motorcycle yesterday afternoon. It felt like i was in an oven.
  6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Hardly such a thing as dry heat here. It was 98 today, same yesterday, very hot. Most of my lawns are irrigated or they are watered very regularly.:)
  7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

TLS- how do you stay in biz? No irrigated lawns would equal zero mowing in August. I go on vacation for a long weekend once during the summer and then most of the winter.
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Same way everyone else does around here. :rolleyes: I know of about 3 properties that are professionally irrigated in my town!

Things just get crispy!

Crabgrass thrives!

Winter Vaca's are not usually an option, unless I want to GUARANTEE a snowstorm!
  9. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree Tommy.

Our heat is humid heat too. You know its gonna be a long day when you get all wet just walking to the truck to leave for the day.....hahaha

I have 2 customers who have irrigation. I have several that need it, but cant talk them into watering by any means, and they are starting to look sad :cry:

Oh well, more aerating and seeding for the fall :D
  10. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

If they don't already have the sense to water to keep it alive when you can bake potatoes by just laying them on the lawn, there's no hope of educating them.

Hey y'all, please pay attention to what y'all are saying about the effects of this heat on your bodies.
    DRINK GATORADE or the like!
    Vitamin E helps with cramps.