1099 for all venders next Year.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Nov 15, 2010.

1. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got off the phone with my CPA. They told me that starting next year you will have to 1099 anyone over 600 regarless if it is office supplies Fert, Gas station. You name it and you will have to 1099 them. This was part of the the wonderful Health Care Reform. This Government is so out of touch with reality. But we have health care. Im telling you this is going to be a accounting nightmare. Extra time and and money. Just FYI.

2. robert@rittenhouse

robert@rittenhouse LawnSite Member

I read that any credit/debit card purchases are exempt from this form. The credit card companies will be taking care of that with respect to your vendors.

Obviously, your Accountant can confirm this for you. But it means not as much paperwork as you are expecting.

3. RABBITMAN11

Nothing will be exempt...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Gotta love it!

Whats up Rabbit?

Lunch soon?

5. robert@rittenhouse

robert@rittenhouse LawnSite Member

Check with your Accountant. I was reading about this last week because we take a lot of credit card orders so that is why I remember it.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.

6. RABBITMAN11

Sounds good let me know.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

Its still a PIA. I wish they would come up with ways to make our lives easier not more difficult.

8. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

9. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

recently our genius politicians have been talking about doing away with it before it starts, its seems to be something dems and repubs agree on.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i agree with doing away with it, as it ended up a big mess with not much of anything good in it in the end