1099-MISC Employees

Discussion in 'Employment' started by biggamehunter, Apr 30, 2012.

1. biggamehunter

biggamehunter LawnSite Member

Hello Group

I had 5 subcontractors on the books last year and needed to file them. My accountant wanted to charge $50 for each and OfficeMax wanted $50 for 25 1099 MISC forms. My wife looked online and found www.Wagefiling.com. We were able to enter our data online, and instantly print the copies for our workers and then it efiled to the IRS for us and it only cost $3.

If anyone gets frustrated finding the right forms or not knowing what to do when it's time to pay the tax man hopefully this helps! Not sure if I did the link right but it's pretty easy to find.

Stephen

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

why not go right to the source? IRS has all the forms online.

3. biggamehunter

Same reason I would avoid a horses ass, lot less sh$t to deal with. I tried the IRS site, this only took us maybe 5 minutes plus we had a few W-2's.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The on-line forms are not suitable for use. You have to order the forms from the IRS. Something about being scannable,.
    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099msc.pdf

Is there such a thing as 1099 employee?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. biggamehunter

I checked on that before we used the service and if you are electronically filing the red copies and summary go to the IRS. The copies to our contractors we called substitute forms and our accountant gave them the ok. I don't know too much about it but it worked for us. I've gotten some good advice from this site so I was just putting my two cents.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. biggamehunter

Also I found wagefiling on the IRS website as a licensed provider do that helped seal the deal
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Oddly, I just got my 2012 forms for free from the Government today.

8. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I get all my forms for Free from the IRS, and my Quickbooks prints all the info, in the right spots, red copies to IRS.. etc...