1099 Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Rhett, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Years ago printed a list of 1099 eligibility requirements off this site. Do to my meticulous filing system it has gone to the same place as all my mismatched socks. If anyone has the list would appreciate it

Thanks
    Rhett

2. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search from the main page. Type in 1099 and see what comes up.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Don't use information from year ago! Get current information from the IRS. The rules and consequences of rules violations keep changing.

I understand the requirements didn't change from last year to this one, but the fines for violations have skyrocketed.

4. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping:I like what Roger said even beter than what I said below. Good point Roger!!

5. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys. Dang for once I was right. Have a friend who has been 1099ing his workers for years. All work is performed using his equipment and schedule. His wife is an accountant and has stated that the employees meet the requirements wich they do not. One x employee yelled bull pucky this year. Someone has a lot of splaining to do. Also I get a free lunch.

Thanks again
    Rhett

7. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, sometimes you can get by with stuff like that. There are some grey areas, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Well really it is clear, but people like to push it a little too far with 1099s and sometimes it can catch up to them. I guess this is a good example.