1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

1099'd by DuPont?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Feb 26, 2012.

1. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

You were reimbursed for your time gas etc. Which I assume you cataloged as an expense. Now you have been reimbursed and that offsets. Do what you want, people improperly file tax returns all the time, doesn't mean the IRS will agree if they happen to audit you. Let us know what your accountant says. You can't write of an expense, get reimbursed and still claim that expense, so the only way around not claiming that income would be if you didn't write off any expenses to begin with for this deal.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

They hired you, you sent a invoice, and you got a check. How is this different than mowing, plowing, fert/weed, and planting? If it's over $600 they need to 1099 you.

I don't see the issue. It's income to the biz plain and simple. If you didn't report it, it's on you then.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Wasn't over $600. And it was reimbursement to deal with their problem, they did not hire me for anything. Anyway who cares I have this taken care of.