10k asphault ???

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by N.TX, Jun 16, 2010.

1. twobroslawns

twobroslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about this in the shower:

We both knoow that some skill is involved in both lines of work - mowing and washing. Can anyone run a ZTR, edger, hedgers, etc... Most likely not

Can anyone use a $1200 + power washer and do delicate trim work 3 stories in the air? No.

On the other hand, can anyone use a Home depot lawnboy ower and cut their grass? Yes, and it will probably look good with a few practices.

Can anyone use a powerwasher to clean their driveway? of course, but it won't look as even as professional stuff.

Obviously, a certain amount of skill is required to do more than simply mow grass or clean cement. Maybe they are trades, maybe they are occupations, who cares? As long as a viable service is being provided.

Thats it.

2. snowman682

snowman682 LawnSite Member
    from N. MI

EXACTLY!!!!!!! Some times it is boring and requires little skill, but you still need to know what you are doing, or you can cause some damage. Same with mowing too!!! This is the profession that we have chosen. It CAN be hard work, it can be challenging work, it also can be so simple a monkey can do it. The challenging work is what i love. And by the way, my buisness does professional washing, professional mowing, professional painting, and professional plowing. Comercial, residential and industrial. Gotta have some knowledge in all of them. No school for them. I am feeding my family of 4, and 3 other families. In todays economy, THAT is what is important. Who cares if somebody thinks a monkey can do my job, some times I wish I had one to do it for me!!!! I chose this lifestyle, I am proud of where I am at in life, and what I have earned. NOBODY handed me any money, mommy and daddy didnt help me out, didnt buy any buisness out. All from scratch. That is something to stand for, and I will!

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

You are preaching to the choir buddy. I totally agree. I didn't say that you didnt need a little instruction, I am in the business too. I said I have trained the dumbest guys to mow. "trained" I am not ashamed of what I do either. Just saying it isnt rocket science.

4. twobroslawns

Just a clogged tip. It's ok now:cool2:

So what if the house is sided? can you spray from the ground upward and not get water up under the boards? What type of nozzle do you use? :dizzy:

5. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

you guys have no interest in learning about Power washing and I understand that..

I am sure there are plenty of guys in your field of expertise that are not as skilled or knowledgeable as you so why not try to help them?

6. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Geeze, All I did was ask a question and then Yall sound like a bunch of 5 year old cry babies who dropped their candy in the dirt.

7. twobroslawns

But I actually am interested in learning not fighting. Have any mowing questions for me? I'd be happy to answer them:)

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I wasnt looking for a fight either. I didnt realize it was a revelation that powerwashing and cutting grass wasnt rocket science or dentistry or surgical work. Apparently others think different?:confused: