10k postcards

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by TimNNJ, Oct 26, 2012.

1. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

2. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

3. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Gotcha....from what I was reading on their website you can pick your routes right down to the road, so I don't see why you couldn't target certain neighborhoods.

4. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I did the direct mail with Holidynamics also. For me, never again as it stands right now. Last year, nothing this year so far nothing. This is going to be a big decision year for me with regard to holiday lighting. Pretty much planning in closing the door f there is nothing new this year.

5. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Check out A'Deas Printing (www.adeasprinting.com) We do direct mail and also door hangers and flyers.. On the direct mail, we can do a basic list that you can choose by carrier routes and select homes, apartments, businesses, and/or trailers.. or for a little more you can get more specific with your search like choosing a specific income or home value.. I know right now we have a special for 5,000 for $.26 ea includes the printing, addressing and mailng (it does not include the mailng list) this special is for the basic carrier route mailing, but we can adjust the price if you want to get more specific. We have designers on staff that can help with any design if needed as well.
    If you'd like any more information or some pricing let me know. My name is Glenda and my email is glenda@adeasprinting, or my number is 1-866-778-4254

6. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

If you want the best price on printing and mailing you need to deal with Cactusmailing.com. Adeas was 10 cent a card higher when I had them quote me for the same thing. Do not ever use the default mailing list from a direct mail place or the every door crap from the USPS. If your not hitting your target market your wasting a lot of money. I now use Info Group for my list and the results were much better.

I use 4x6 with color on both sides and great printing quality. The cost is 35 cents per at most. I target only $600K plus to multi million. Below that the budgets for lighting are mostly going to be bleak.

7. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

We are still without power..have a generator..mass destruction where I am..right down the street..helping deliver clothes, food and gas to people ...and it's getting down to the low 30's..sad scene around here...

but for the postcards..you can select the streets and neighborhoods..set up an acct with usps and mess around with it..you can zone down to street level..pick the routes you want..it's a little bit of a pain..but we did 10k in 3/4 of a day..if that...at .25 per card..glossy 8.5x11 both sides..printed and shipped..but whatever works for you ..cheers

8. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Thats all fine and dandy if you have homes worth that much in your target area. Homes in my area pretty much cap at $350,000

9. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Other things I filter are the age of the homes. I want nothing older then 1990 for landscape & maintenance advertising. For holiday lighting we left off the age of the homes.

10. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Something is wrong here. I also did a mailing with them. Last year, I got about 25K in work from the mailing - lots of estimates. This year, not one call. Something tells me that the post card never got all the way to the mail box.