1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

11.5 hr cleanup

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LCL Landscapes, Mar 25, 2004.

1. LCL Landscapes

LCL Landscapes LawnSite Member

yesterday I sent 2 guys to do a clean-up and it took 11.5 hrs.
    All new kick edges weeding, trimming and so on. Final bill is $690.00. $30.00 per hour per man, so $60.00 an hour, what do you guys think?
  2. Katwalk

Katwalk LawnSite Member

Looking at your impressive equipment list, I would think that $30 per man hour is a little low. Add 20% profit for the business and the $690 becomes about $820. GO FOR IT!!!!! If you need to be convinced.....stop by the local Walker Dealer and ask what the labor rate is to have your Walker fixed. Then stop by the closest Garage and check out the labor rate to have your truck fixed. Doesn't matter if you fix it yourself. Call the plumber to install a new sink in the kitchen and see what the bill is. If you gave them a legit, full 11.5 hours then sure as hell bill them for it.
  3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

So, 23 hours for a cleanup?
    Did you give them any ballpark estimate for the amount it would be?
    If they ok'd it, sounds good by the hour price. A little low maybe, as this sounds like a HUGE job, or your guys were slacking a bit, or didn't have the right equipment to do the job?

How many trips to dump the debris? Any more details on this one, as it seems like a huge mess was there?
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Would have cost them $1035.00 for me to have done it.
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you got your butt kicked, cleanups will do that to you.
  6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I am with elephant
  7. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

Ksland how do you like your husqvarna w/b ?