11 Acre Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FordManKubotaDreamer, Apr 6, 2006.

1. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

I was wondering if you guys could give me an approximate estimate for this area. It's 11 acres with large rolling hills, 4 hours mowing, 1 1/2 hours of trimming. If you need more info let me know. Any help will be appreciated. :dizzy:
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not cutting on you but, Your profile states that you already have 5 years experience as an LCO, so surely you don't "really" need help estimating now with those 5 years under your belt do you?
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok so it will take you 5.5 hrs to mow/trim. Here you go 5.5hrs. multiplied by your hourly rate.:)
  4. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

My price with out seeing it would be $385-400. I just did a bid like that for 15 acres and got the bid at $550.00 a cut. Good luck!
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds about right to me!!!
  6. E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare

E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare LawnSite Member

wow I have a contract for 9.4 acres it's pretty much wide open areas, trimming, cutting and last year I got $550.00 per cut. I might sound kind of high but my work talks for itself, I would bid between $605 - $715. Oh and the longest it ever took to cut was 6hrs., because we were short staffed that time.
  7. What equipment do you mow with?

I just lost a lawn similar to that one. The people moved away.
    It was 10 acres with no trimming. I really liked doing it.

I'd have to seperate my mowing time costs from my trimming time expenses. There's no way the trimmers cost like the big mowers.

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

it would be awesome to have a lawn of that size, it would be neat to see that much area before and after every cut. and the money would be great for one stop.

If i had that much too i doubt i would do it on my one mower alone, I would have 2 60/61"+ decks doing simutaneously most of the cut to get it done quicker. Im looking at picking up a garden tractor with a bucket for some minor loader work and it comes with a 60" deck, so with that and my Ferris 61" im sure it woudnt take forever.
  9. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I help a guy mow a cemetary and we get about $600 out of each cut...
  10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

yeah I charge more for trimming