11 hp Billy Goat loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by work_it, Sep 14, 2003.

1. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking for a truck loader for about 3 months now and ran across a Billy Goat 11 hp with only 11 hours. The guy is asking $1550 and claims he bought it last year for $2200. Sounds a little fishy but worth checking out. Have any of you found any great deals on truck loaders?

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Last spring I picked up a 16hp Lesco for $1500. A guy had ordered it and then decided he did not want it. It was taking up space so they knocked $700 off price tag just to get it out of their way.

MATT

3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

that is a good price. Can anyone tell me if the 11 hp is big enough. I am either going to get either the 13 hp Honda or the 16 hp Briggs but there is a price difference of about $400 and dont want to waste my money buying the bigger one unless i need to. Thanks

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

How well the 11 hp Briggs motor perform with wet leaves or heavier debris? Dry or mulched leaves shouldn't be any problem, but I want something that can work in adverse conditions.

5. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

"SORRY, THIS ITEM CAN NOT BE SOLD OUTSIDE THE STATE OF COLORADO." per Alamia.

Be sure to read the fine print. Maybe they will still sell it, maybe they won't.

6. Its a price comparison - I can pick one up tomorrow at that price- Billy Goat does not allow them to sell out of state

7. Get the most ponies you can on it, you wont regret it.

You will however regret an 11hp loader.

I started with a 16hp, couldn't stand it had to get bigger.

this one.jpg

8. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

11hp might not be 16-20hp but it sure beats using a rake and tarp:eek: I paid $1895.00 for my 11hp BG loader last fall. Does great with dry stuff, not bad in wetter stuff. Just watch out for those 12" to 14" sticks that like to get caught in the hose and block it up:angry: Did try it once, I mean ONCE on grass clippings that had been pilled up for about 2 months. It kept choking down the discharge spout:dizzy: It probably would work on fresh clippings, though. JMHO Marc

9. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

do yall think that the 13 hp Honda would be considerably more powerful that the 11hp Briggs or not. I like the Honda motors so that is why I am leading towards it.