115 size Kobelco

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by nedly05, Jan 12, 2010.

1. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

Who has a kobelco 115SR,135SR or ED150. I just want to hear what you think of them, I really am happy with our 70SR, it's a little hot rod. Having little experience on anything larger made by Kobelco I wanted to hear from those with real world experience. Feel free to post as many pics as you want!:)

Man would I love to have a ED150 Bladerunner!

2. nedly05

I'll start with the pics!

115SR.jpg

3. nedly05

And a nice bladerunner!

bladerunner.jpg

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a Kobelco supporter, I like their hoes. Sadly I haven't run all that many, only a few, but from what I have run I like them. The Bladerunners are too sweet.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

One of the contactors here swears by Kobelco machines. I have used 160 Kobelco its real quick something you would have to get used to.

If you can swing a blade runner it would be the best choice a 15 ton machine is the smallest I would go if you already have a 7.5 ton machine.

6. nedly05

From what I understand, a ED150 is an 18 ton machine. It has the undercarriage of a 210, and the upperstructure of a 115, 135. I really want to look at one up close.

7. Gravel Rat

It is 15 ton metric so ya it would be more or less 16.5 ton imperial.

The extra weight of the blade etc it maybe weighs 17 ton. I do know the blade runner was in high demand. Another contractor in the area said trying to get one was tough.

8. nedly05

There are a few around, they are pretty spendy, even for a used one.

9. Gravel Rat

They are good for utility work it is why they are spendy you can dig and backfill with one machine. Also good for lifting you have lots of stability with the blade down.

10. nedly05

I talked to a guy who owns one over in Vermont, he loves it, says its a real work horse. The thing he dislike the most was digging over the blade, he said it blocks visibility so he digs over the rear most of the time. I know a lot of guys wont dig over the drives, but I've asked some mechanics who say it's not a big deal to put the blade behind you and dig that way.