1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

117 acres, what's your bid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Place; just under 117 acres.

About 40,000 sqft of that is islands, can use a 36"-52" on.

This place is mostly flat out mowing acreage, most of the 114 acres is wide open mowing.

ON the job will be 3 60" ZTRs 1-52"Wb and 1-36" Wb.

Same guy will use the 52" and the 36"

5 men on the job.

Lemme have it. I know my ball park for this and it has been on the back burner for over 2 years.
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Good Luck

All School districts here are all done in house
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

How much edging and trimming? Just mainly the 40k ft area?
  4. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

5. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

The copyright thing is a joke, right? :dizzy:
  6. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Unless i'm off my rocker, 3510 seems WAY low to me. that's only $30 per acre.

To give a better quote i'd have to know how many islands to jump and the linear feet for edging. Also is this all on one complex or does drive time need to be figured in for multiple locations?

More info LGF

7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

$5850 per cut.......Gotta pay for them Zs some how!:D
  8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

i usually charge $75 per acre but with that many acres i would go down to $60 per acre which comes to $7020 per cut.
  9. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

without knowing how trimming etc. i would come out at around 4295 a cut. Good luck on gettin the job.
  10. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

$30/acre w/ 3 60" Z's should amount to about $75-120/hour per mower depending on season. Not bad actually, heck if it is flat and smooth, probably more, would consider at least one additional 72" Z just for the job. I would definitely be happy for $30/acre if it is nice and smooth w/out many obstacles where each Z could knock out 3-4 acres/hour. However, to get something like that, I would be willing to bet at least $1,000 that the winning bid would be in the lower $20's/acre rate.