118 Flyers and 4 New Customers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I've only handed out 118 flyers so far this season, and it's been 26 hours since I've handed those out. 4 people called, I've completed the estimates and all 4 are now new customers. This is all for mow/trim/edge jobs only. What's going on here? Is this the start to a good season or what?

2. pgiambat

pgiambat LawnSite Member

You actually did pretty good I think. I made some up and handed out a bunch and got ZERO calls. Different neighborhoods give different results at different times and so on...
    If you are new and want to know a few things I've done, hit me back.

fletch5a(at)cox.net

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

You may very well be low with your prices. You may have good luck. Who knows. You might be a great salesman.

Don't worry, those percentages will go down hill.

4. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

18,902 door hangers since February 21st. 40 new customers. A few of those came from the yellow pages. But everyone of them are on my terms. No on-sight, free estimates. No skipping. No paper snail mail statements. Next day credit cards. Fert restrictions for bi-weekly. Early termination penalties.

I know I don't get 4 calls per 100. Not even close. I probably close about one in 4 or 5 calls, I'd guess, though I haven't kept track of my close percentage. I should probably start keeping track of that.

Sounds like you're doing really good, landing 4 out of 118.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper