119 acres multi locations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Not the same as the other thread.

119 acres all 60" plus size mower mowing.

Currently they are using 72"-100" plus deck mowers. they use 3 and do it in a week.

This would be 3 guys and most of the week to do.

2-3 mowing, 1 trim n blow part of the time.

This is a school district and many locations, drive time is not more than 10-15min. Mostly wide open mowing. (I have to keep the amount of locations private due to it can give the account details away to any lurkers from STL)

This one has also been on the back burner for over 2 years.

lemme have em.

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Good Luck

3. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

I just lost a federal site this year. Someone bid <$300 to do 9.2 acres in 3 locations. Took me 12 man hours to do.

My bid would be $5000 give or take depending on payment terms, and other particulars of the contract.

4. CharlesF.

CharlesF. Banned

based on time and being able to complete 1 acre per hour, I would price $8400 a week. The best way is just to estimate the time then get your hourly for three guys.

5. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

$6300

6. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

9000 good luck do u have the equptment to spaire or u geting all new TOYS! we have a 172 inch wing bat toro i love the thing

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I would get a few of those Hustler 90"+ batwing diesel pushers....have fun shopping and good luck!

8. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Since it is a school district and they only want the cheapest bid, I am guessing that the winning bid will be in the $3500-$4000 range. You folks from the East Coast keep in mind that this place is located in the Midwest, a much lower cost of living here.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

$7140, being that the schools are in the same district and driving time will be minimal. I am curious as to what you bid in your neck of the woods. :cool:

10. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

If it's taking three guys a week to do it now using large mowers I tend to think that their milking the job(school district employee's perhaps?).
    How many sites are there( I know you can't tell) LOL.
    Most schools have large open playing areas and the middle & high schools have soccer, football and baseball fields which add up quickly .

Most of the school districts around here have their own equipment (Jacobson and toro wing mowers) and they bang out the schools(my district has 5 elementary schools and 1 middle and 1 high shool) And they do them all (mow & trim)in just a couple of days.

To do 120 acres it shouldn't take that long given the drive time between them that you had mentioned.
    Even at a low amount such as 2 acres per hour (which a large mower will due very easily)it should only take 60 man hours to mow ,plus the travel time and trimming etc..

I just don't see it taking 120 + total man hrs to do it.

Not seeing the property It's hard to give an accurate estimate. So here goes:) $ 3600.00 per service

Dan