12-14 acre mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tulipgrove, Nov 7, 2006.

1. tulipgrove

tulipgrove LawnSite Member
    from 20715

2. tulipgrove

from 20715

Fert reqired for this site:

1. Spring fert/ pre / post
    2. Fall fert
    3. Bllanket weed control (Summer)

3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but I don't get anything to open on that link.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on what all is involved. there is some mowing work to do there, but I don't see 2500 per cut for just that. That is going by our area though, so you can't really go by that. Could be that the fert. is included, or trimming of shrubbery, or anything else like that.

5. tulipgrove

from 20715

Cut X26
    Prune X2
    Mulch X2
    Leaf removal X2
    Spring fert/pre/post X1
    Fall Fert X1
    Liquid weed X1
    Annuals (1490 4" pots) X2
    2.3 miles trails cut X13
    Gutter cleanin (211 one story units ) X2
    Currently Brikman 5 guys, two days, i get 1706 cut and thats at 22 manhour (5 guys X 16 hrs.)
    HI DETAIL, blow when finsihed cut area, not end of day, monthly comiitte meeting a MUST to attend, Currenlty 19 Retired Senators, 4 Award winnig Landscape Arch. living on site.

6. I like their prices better than yours. They're cutting for about $30/hr. while you're bidding around $20/hr. Plus you're selling mulch for $45/yd. Is that installed?

I admit I know nothing of this type of mowing. I clicked on this thread when I saw the lawn was measured in acres instead of sq. ft. But realistically, with labor costs what they are can you make a profit at those prices?

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't attend no meetings for free, nor do I do whatever they decide to heap on in said meeting(s) for free.

You couldn't pay me enough to deal with another association. Nobody owns the place, no single person is ultimately accountable for anything, but everybody wants to run the show.

I'd say 2.5k is likely the cheapest, I come up with 3k but I won't do it.
    For one the estimate is tainted, someone done gave a competitor's dollar figure.
    Maybe it's just me, maybe the game is played dirty like that, and if that is the case I can live with it but I'm still out.
    I'd send them a no bid letter, first it may satisfy their 3 bid requirement, and then maybe it wins :laugh: