12 acre core aeration

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawn king, Mar 29, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I bid this job for $2000. It's a full days work in the kubota, I think that is fair?

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I would have been around $3100 if it was wide open and it goes up from there. Thats just my preference. what sort of property? Wide open with buildings? or lots of sidewalks?etc?

3. lawn king

Its a residential home, a big one! I was going to bid $2400.00 but aerations this size dont come along every day and a day in the factory cab of the new tractor is a beautiful thing!

4. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com LawnSite Member

Ya with that equipmet it will be a NICE days worth of work!!
    Have fun!!!

5. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

2k is a little low but avg price for an acre is around 200 or so . Last time i checked chem lawn was like. Our aerators are 42" wide and go as fast as a 25 hp laser goes so even at your price thats 300 an hour. i hope you dont have a 19' walk behind

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

2 grand for one day's work...not too shabby IMO :clapping:

7. lawn king

The homeowner is into his lawn, he mows with a dixi chopper & apps fert etc with a john deere 950 with pto spreader. I think its time for him to turn the entire lawn gig over to us & spend more time on his boat!!!:usflag:

8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope that this client with the 12 acres doesn't want you to rake up all of the plugs!