12 Acre Senior Housing in MD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tulipgrove, Nov 2, 2006.

1. tulipgrove

tulipgrove LawnSite Member
    from 20715

Need help....12 acres of turf, mostly flat, open, very minor edging as most are asphalt no curbs. Cuurently Brickamn does 5 men, 2 days (1 ZTR, two w/b) I came from Large company in Bowie, they were 150-180 acre. At 22/man hr i come to 1760 cut, includes trimming, edging, cut, blow, bed weeding. Sounds high, but i KNOW Complete, Lastings are getting these numbers. Waht do you think? Also 200 yd mulch, prune 2x yr (211 units, 5 min each, and 1 apt bldg, 3 guys 3 hrs) Apprecaite any help, just looking for some feedback.

2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

that doesn't sound right. 12 acres open, mostly flat= 2 days? This isn't right. I could do 12 acres by myslef in 1/4 of the time. Somebody nomally says that they will come in with a wam and chrge 20/acre. JMO

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

$22 a man hour are you kidding? Are you in biz to make money or work for free?

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

just for the cut i would charge $60/acre that comes out to i think $720 a cut dont have one that big 3 guys can bang out a 6 acre church in about 2 hours

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

We do a 14 acre townhouse HOA that takes 2 of us 9 hours. Edging, trimming, mowing and blowing for a little over $500 and i was the middle bidder. Each house has its own drive way which equals a lot of edging. If we just mow it, 1 guy can mow the entire thing in 4 hours. Here is a link to a pic of it, although it is only partial, this is the main part. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=128359

6. tulipgrove

from 20715

$60 per acre? Gas in DC will be 3.75, My labor will be Foreman of 15hr, Asst of 11hr, three labor of 9-10hr....This place is Hihg end (senator retirerment village) 12 acres, mostly flat, 1 lake 2.3 mile of trails to be mainttained. High detail, blow as soon as cut (not end of day) $60 per acre??? my labor cost per day will be around 500, fuel 75, insurance, phone, advertising, repairs you have got to be kidding about 720 per cut......most companies here get 600 day MINIMUN for three man crew...1760/2=880. No way can do for 720 a cut.

7. tulipgrove

from 20715

8. fearthedeere

fearthedeere LawnSite Member

3 acres per hour is feasible with just one mower with flat land and not many obstacles. I'll give you the fact that you have to worry about all the other maintenance stuff, but still...2 days with multiple crewmen? Brickman has got to be slackin on that one.

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The large companies like TG and Brinkman charge a lot more than $22 in your area on these large complexes?