12 Acre Senior Housing in MD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tulipgrove, Nov 2, 2006.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I do 4 residential houses that are 3 acres each and I mow trim and blow in 6-7 hours.

covered.JPG

3. Fredrock13

Fredrock13 LawnSite Member

I charge three men $40 per hour or 2dollars a minute however u want to slice it. But u have to charge atleast 34.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

4. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i more amazed about some of the prices i see here, regardless of what region you cut in!
    $22 a man hour
    $500 for 18 man hours of cutting

6. Outdoor Works

Outdoor Works LawnSite Member

You sound like you may be a little high but without seeing it or knowing if your doing a twelve month contract its hard to say. For example : I have a landscape maintanance contract with a HOA. It is for 12 months. That means I receive a check every month of the year. The area is just over 6 acres that actually has to be cut. The community has alot more land than that but I only have to take care of the common areas. There are over 100 trees, 3 large flower beds and numerous other bedded areas that have to be mulched and flowers planted in the beds. I edge once per month and of course the whole thing has to blown clear after cutting and trimming. Just the cutting, trimming and blowing take me approx 7-8hrs by myself. Of course the mulching, planting flowers and edging take additional time. My price for that is $1600 per month. I forgot to mention that I also prune the trees. This contract does not provide for any applications of fertilizer etc. I hope this helps. Also I know that in southern MD you can command a higher price than up north like me.

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

see, people are accustomed to getting 60-70 per acre and when they bid a 22 acre property at 1500 and the winning bid comes in at 500 they assume lowballer. no difference if someone with a 21 bids a 1/4acre at 60 and a someone with a 60" bids it at 35. enough of my useless babble.