12 Month Billing Cycle?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dago man, Oct 30, 2006.

1. dago man

dago man LawnSite Member

I've heard lots of advice to bill accounts by averaging them on 12 months and bill them each month of the year, I'd prefer to do it that way so I have a consistent income throughout the year but I'm concerned that customers who don't want any type of service provided during the winter months won't pay since I wouldn't be doing any work for them during the winter. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any thoughts or advice is welcome!
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I only do 12 month contracts for commercials,most like it this way. The residentials in this part of town don't want a 12 month billing cycle. If you get them on the 12 month billing cycle in your state ,make sure you get them on contracts that bind them to this type of billing.
  3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, just be sure that they understand in advance that they will be paying during the winter months as well.

Most people like a lower monthly payment(if you bill monthly), so you should be able to get some residentials on a 12-month cycle.