12 Volt sprayer from Northern Tool

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Greenie, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Greenie

Greenie LawnSite Member

Has anyone had any experience with 12 volt sprayers that Northern Tool & Equipment sell under the North Star brand? I'm looking for something to use around 20 hours a year and don't want to spend too much money.

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

At the price you can't beat them. I got one that is 10 years old.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I bought one,you get what you pay for is all ill say.They are cheap for a reason.I got the hand held wand,and use mine for spot spraying round up mostly,i wouldnt try to use the booms it comes with,the fan spray is to fine for everything but dead still air,way to much drift IMO, to use for pesticides.I hook mine up in the back of the golf cart,and drive around using it wherever needed,it is a real timesaver over the 2 gallon handhelds.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

John

What do you expect for $ 99.00. Yes the wanda is junk, I took my off and put it in the circluar storage bin at the front of my house on Wednesdays and Saturdays. But the 12v pump cost more if you buy it alone. I use a pressure washer gun with interchangable tips and even push 300 ft of 1/4 hose with it. Yes I have changed the pump out many time over the years even put a larger 4.9 GPM 12v pump on it. I have never used there boom sprayer one look and you can see there junk.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Actually i expected a little more,since mine was 259 bucks,i got the 12 ft boom,which the motor didnt have the PSI,or GPM to use anyway,it could only develope 16 psi with 4 heads,it shouldnt have been offered at all,if it could run them all,and i paid for the HD commercial wand,it was 69 bucks,which still works excellent to this day,the tank desing,and drain is the biggest dissapointment to me,the drain valve leaks,no matter what you do,I had to fabricate my own and make it stopped after that.I do use it,and it works great for spot spraying now,but to actually use the boom,I dont think so.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

John

259 buck??? come on you can't buy a weed whopper for that kind of money let alone a boom sprayer. You don't always get what you pay for, But you sure don't get more than you pay for.