12 volt sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tigerpaw7680, May 27, 2008.

1. tigerpaw7680

tigerpaw7680 LawnSite Member

I am searching for sources of 12 volt sprayers. I have used ones with Honda engines in the past but have heard of people using 12 volt models with great success. They still have 300 ft hose with reel. Thanks.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I saw a Brinley-Hardy 12 volt 25 gallon 6 foot boom sprayer at Home Depot today--I think the price was $319. I didn't notice if it had wheels or not. LescoJDL version is about $225--no wheels or boom.

You usually get good volume or pressure from the pump--but not both at once. The advertising by the maker may exaggerate the performance. Allow for 25 percent less than they claim to compensate for wear and tear.

3. tigerpaw7680

I just found out there is an applicator near here with 6 trucks on the road and they are all equipped with 100/50 double tanks and they operate on 12 volt. Unfortunately he is not very interested in divulging the manufacturer, so when I see one of his trucks I will ask the aplicator. Thanks for your reply.

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

The Z-Spray pumps are 12 Volt. They are from Delevan. I think they pump 4-5 gal/minute.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

7. tigerpaw7680

Thanks for all replies. Maybe I did not explain what I was looking for. I am searching for the entire sprayer unit with a 12 volt system instead of an engine.

8. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

Contact Westheffer. They are located Kansas outside Kansas City. They carry complete spray units or can custom build with gas or electric. The nice thing about electric is $250.00 replaces the motor and pump but you are limited on pressures.

9. jspray

jspray LawnSite Member

Look at proedgesprayers.com. All of these units are equipped with 12v Shurflo pumps which are by far the best 12v diaphram pumps. The 3.6 gpm pump with HD motor fin cooled has outstanding service life.
    The ProEdge concept of zero-turn front mt. sprayers with maz. visibility is outstanding. The use of air induction tips allows excellent drift control which negates the need for hoods.
    This type of calibrated boom application gives the very best verified coverage of materials. This makes sense econmically and from a regulatory label viewpoint.

Jspray

Pesticide Applications since 1980