1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

120 Acres need help with price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hockeyguy, Aug 3, 2005.

1. hockeyguy

hockeyguy LawnSite Member

Our company has been approched to mow, stripe lines, and drag baseball fields 120 acres of sports fields. the complex has 30 soccer fields, and 17 baseball fields. We will be using 16' batwing, and 2 72" Exmarks, along with a few walkbehinds that we have. We were looking at something like $8,000 a week with all the mowing, striping lines, and dragging baseball fields. I would like to see what other people would bid on something this large.
  2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

costal is the guy to talk to he mows 360? something acres each week for a school system.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You'll be doing extremely well if you can get that kind of money.
  4. hockeyguy

I think it may be a too high, but would like to see what others might want for the job.
  5. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

If federal funding is involved, and it is, it should be a matter of public record. May or may not want to change your price but at least you will know where you stand. Good luck.
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

At 17, you can get this type of job?
  7. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

And not to mention afford the equipment he is mowing with? I am in the wrong location for lawn care I know that right now.....
  8. hockeyguy

It is a private sports complex, and the only reason we even remotely have a chance at this, is that my partners father is an investor in the complex. Right now our expenses aren’t too high, we're a partnership and don’t have to pay employees, or workman’s comp (though this would all change if we landed this job, as we would have to hire employees). Other than that we only have our business liability insurance, and vehicle insurance to worry about. We would still have to get the loan to buy the bat wing and the 2 Z’s.
  9. rodfather

I say if you get $5400 per week, you will do ok
  10. rodfather

I don't mean to rain on your parade (honest), but what kind of partnership can you have at the age of 17? A 120 acre sports complex would be a huge undertaking for you and your friend I would imagine needing some serious equipment and help big time.