$1200 CD player

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Feb 14, 2006.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Since my truck is the work truck Silverado it had no CD player.

I got the best money could buy Factory Delphi, the same one that comes on the higher end models.

I found a Delphi dealer that installed a factory refurbished one for $350.

Best of all it has no glowing neon crap, its OEM quality and looks like it came with the truck.

Here is the old one.

R1.jpg

2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

looks kind of crappy, and it was way overpriced, you can buy oem used decks out of newer trucks for 100.00

3. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I think it actually sounds better.

They just plugged it right in, no cutting wires simple and clean.

new1.jpg

4. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Ebay man, ebay.

5. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I would rather spend $350 and get something I know will work and not have to hassle with Ebay should something go wrong.

6. TWUllc

Should of posted a wanted Ad on here, would of UPS'ed mine thats just sitting for $50.

7. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Are you serious?

Man I should have.

What did you replace it with?

8. TWUllc

I thought about installing a full sized touch screen that I aquired, but that might be a bit too much for a work truck. headphones headphones headphones

DSC00971.JPG

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

you paid how much for that??? I would have jacked the one out of the dash of my truck for $1200 for you!

I actually would like to get a different head unit for my truck, something with more adjustability since I have an amp and sub under the back seat. I just HATE all the aftermarket stereos though, the buttons are all teeny tiny and the displays are just too goofball looking. If I got one though I'd get one with a steering wheel mounted remote. The stock unit is set up perfect so that I can rest my wrist on the gear shift in drive and punch the channels with my fingers. The aftermarket ones you can't do that with...

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Damn, you overpaid. Those factory ones are only $50 here.

My bro got one just like that, brand new, stock cd player, that also plays mp3's and displays the station name and title, but for his dakota for $50.

But ya man, you WAYYY overpaid.