$1200 for a 48" bobcat with a new motor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Nov 22, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i went to an auction Sunday to buy a mower but left empty handed :cry: they had (9) 48" bobcats for auction they sold from $900-1200. the ones for twelve hundred had new motors not a day on them. should i have bought one for $1200. They ones with new motors were alittle older but still in decent shape. all of them were EXTREMELY well maintained this owner was very picky about equipment maintanence. should i have bought one ;)

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Are we talkin' ZTRs, WBs hyrdo, belt?

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I probibly would have bough one of the $1200 ones with the new engine but thats just me.

How much did those super surfers go for?

4. rookiemower

i didnt stay for the super surfers. they had alot of great equipment for sale but i dont got the cash right now :cry: the bob-cats were gear drive and fixed decks i wish i would have bought one now though :cry: one guy bought four of them

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

was this the auction you were talking about a few days ago?

6. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Hey I live in the Chicago area and am in the market for more equipment where was the auction and how often are they? Will there be another one any time soon?

7. rookiemower

yes tideman, tons of good stuff. i met the owners husband and wife. they were very nice and extremely miticulous about maintanence on equipment. all there trucks were over 8 yrs old and put some companies with newer trucks to shame. All of them were beautiful like the day they bought them same with all the equipment. they had one truely beautiful setup, nice yard and office and they were around 45 and are now retired payup

8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

For $1,200 on a 48" Gear Drive WB? I pass...it is not worth that much considering how difficult it is to reverse on each lawn you cut, and for additional $800-$900 you can buy a used Hydro which is completely different beast, so go figure.