1200 hours on walk behind. Is it time to trade?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Quail Creek LC, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

I have a 4 year old scag 21hp with 52" deck with 1200 hours. Would you guys keep it or buy a new one. Its in good shape, but getting up there in hours. The deal is I found a last years model for $1000 less than a new 2007. What would you guys do? Any idea on how much I could sell my 2002 for with 1200 hours on it. Thanks

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Electric:confused: start

3. Quail Creek LC

from IOWA

elect start and hydro.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

My 2 cents keep the wb for back up and mabye a rider over a walk behind.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would also keep it as a back up,if well maintained it could last another 1000 hours.

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

How does it run? Is it still reliable? I'd keep it and run it until its not feasable to keep up with the repairs. Maybe like someone else said keep it as a backup?

7. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

A hydro mower that size moter should be good for at least another 1200 ,no?

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

i don't know about another 1200 but i'd like to think that it has lots more life in it yet. just depends on how well the machine is maintained.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If it is in good shape and has been well maintained I'd keep it, no real reason to buy another. Also since you have kept it through 1,200 hours value wise you also might as well continue to keep it now as the value after it crossed 1,100 hours dropped quite a bit.

10. Quail Creek LC

from IOWA

It's well maintained and I'm the only one that uses it so it gets babied. I just dont know how many hours to expect to get out of one. I normally trade or sell every 2 years. I figure for $1500, I could replace the motor and the hydro pumps and have virtually a new mower. I think I'll keep it for this season and see if it has many problems. I just dont want any down time with it.