1200 pallets of stone

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Qualey, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

I've got between 1100 and 1200 pallets of granite and fieldstone. Can anyone suggest some outlets to pursue to sell it? I know what they retail for in New England, but really don't want to be bothered and would love to dump the whole lot for well under cost. Appreciate and help and have pics for serious parties.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

ebay..........................

3. Leon

Leon LawnSite Member

You might use Craigs list in a number of different cities! Now then, just how did you end up with 1200 pallets of stone, that's 66 truck loads, a _____ of lot stone!

4. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

It was packaged in a large industrial property I bought.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Sheeeesh! I wish you were closer to the midwest.

6. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

Well, I've got trucks and may be able to make it worth your while to take a load. Make me an offer and send your zip code. I can quote freight.

7. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

May seem crazy, but you might be able to find a government river rehabilitation project somewhere and donate it for a tax break. I worked with a company in CA many years back that had 50 semi truck loads of stone brought out from PA for a wall they had built. So anything is possible.

8. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't even make a dent in that amount.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That is just wild. It had to take forever to do that.

10. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I would not fool with trying to sell to contractors, with that quantity - I'd be contacting some natural stone dealers. Do some internet searches, and shoot them e-mails with pictures. Include up close pictures. most stone dealers here will hook up with a trucking company. Example: someone may haul a load of shingles to your area, and then they'll bring back a trailer full of stone.

We have 1 decent size natural stone dealer in this area that has 2 stores. The northern VA market has one large nursery with multiple locations in VA, MD, and WV that sells nat stone. Seek and you shall find.