123 unit patio home complex.....how may guys??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnchopper, Jul 25, 2004.

1. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

My company bid a 14 acre patio home ASSociation there are only 3 of us that mow it lots of obstacles and homes are close together there 123 homes total . We have 60" Super Surfer and 52" walker and one guy trimming of course all the blowing. IT takes us a day and a 1/4 to complete it and were beat after the 1st day especailly the guy trimming.
    Would any of you would bid this with only 3 guys or would you wait til you were a bigger company with more guys and equipment?? How would you go about doing it??

2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

im sure that its just a matter of being more efficiant....if you have a property map i could try to give you some direction as to how to be more effectiant.....14 acres and 3 guys..you should be able to get it done in a day no sweat..

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I agree. We used to do a property with 13 acres and about 112 homes. With 5 guys it took 5 hours or so. So you should be able to in 8. You should also be rotating who is on the trimmer. 8 hours of trimming could kill a guy or at least slow him down, alot.

Maybe switch at lunch.

We used 2 mowers, 2 edgers and one trimmer, when the 2 on edging finished they finished trimming, the first trimmer grabbed a blower and the 2 mowers grabbed blowers when they finished.

4. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

any more responses

5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

asking a forum about a property that is impossible to give a fixed answer because not seeing it,,,,,,is well impossible!

i would take anything i thought i could make money doin! if you think you can handle it,,,,,go for it,,,,jump in! you will know next time!

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

we do a 54 acre complex with 4 guys in a little under 6 hours, so with three guys depending on the complexity shouldnt take you all that long. i wont guess a time cause i dont konw what you are using for equipment or what the place looks like, but definately in less than a day.