1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

$125 a week for mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Uranus, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I recently aquired an lawn from a fiend in the biz and it is $125 per week. I think its about right. It took me about an hour and a half to mow it by myself with a 60" lazer bagging. Then about 20 minutes to wack, but some was out of shape so wacking time should go to 15 minutes next time. I dont know the square footage off hand but it is wide open. I'm not asking if the price is right for this lawn but how big of a lawn would you mow for $125 per week or how much time would you spend on a property for $125
  2. Uranus

from Mass

3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Well around here, everybody is a f'n undercutter, so I would be LUCKY to get a 1.5 hour lawn for $125..
  4. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I go out sat morning and mow a large lawn by myself. No trimming. No blowing.

$125, takes me 1.75 hrs.. which I think is nice :cool2:
    Today it took me 2 hrs because I was zoning out the whole time :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  5. Uranus

from Mass

I just had the discussion about under cutter yesterday with a new owner. We both work in a new development where there is a kid with a ferris and gmc sonoma. This kid sucks. he does 60-70 dollar cuts for 40-50. My dump a$$ took on one of these accounts and now I'm kicking myself in the butt. The owner I met even under cut me and got an account. He said hes out of there next year when he raises his prices 15 dollars a week. I'm not even going to take on the account next year. Sending a nice letter saying I'm not on that side of town anymore, or something like that.
  6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Mow Right, are you sure you are not in my area? I would be estatic to get 125 for a lawn like that around here!
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$125 is low IMO
  8. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

Around here from what I see prices range from $0.50 thru $1.00 per minute.

A two hour lawn is 120 minutes so $60-120. Most of the time the large lawns are the ones that are lower on the price scale. I make more per minute doing the tiny ones than the big ones.

BUT - you are baggin (why?) so that adds a lot to the price. Dumping there or hauling?
  9. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You shouldnt be smoking that stuff on the job :rolleyes:
  10. Uranus

from Mass

There are 5 different spots to dump onsite. grass grows to much each week to throw. would look like crap if I just left clipping on lawn. maybe I could throw a few times in the summer but not right now.