12v led string lights

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Pro-Scapes, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Next project the client is requesting the crepes be wrapped in LED string lights. I am hoping to find some quality ones in low voltage since there is already a bullet light there we intend to remove for this. It will be a permanent installation and not just seasonal. We are trying to keep from having to run line voltage to each of the 4 locations as they are quite far apart and will require extensive work. 12vac would certainly be preferred here.

Any ideas or suggestions ? pics of similar installs ? There is one in his sub division done like this but unfortunately every time I go by the lights are off. Would really like to deliver and please this client.

2. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Okay Billy, of all the photo's I've ever asked from you, this one I want the most.

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen 12v LED rope light but not string (Christmas mini) lights.

4. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Oh God, thanks, Paul for clarifying. I pictured rope lights. lol. Sorry, Billy.

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

yes mini lights. Looks like we need to run line voltage to each location then.

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I've seen line voltage LED string Christmas lights by Phillips, and I've seen Nightscaping's Miniborder and Microborder lights, but I've never seen a hybrid. Not a bad idea.

7. Greg_B

Greg_B LawnSite Member

Rare chance for me to contribute.

Check the color of the lights before you install. I put HD LED icicles on the gutters and I didn't see minis there so I went to Lowes. Their lights were a different brand and more of a warm color as opposed to the very blue white of the icicles. If I hadn't already hung the icicles I would have returned them and made sure the colors look consistent. I found C-5s on another shelf at HD from the same mfg.

8. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Billy, I would recommend that you take a look at this company. http://www.magiclite.com/products/LED-Lighting.shtml

They offer a wide variety of quality products. You might find your solution there.

Have a great day.

10. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member