1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

12x6 Open Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by HBLandscaping, May 28, 2008.

1. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 12x6 open trailer and I was wondering if anyone out there also uses a 12x6? I'm trying to see what kind of mowers and how many they carry on there, also looking to see how they park the mowers on the trailers and how they set-up the trailer for easy use during mowing.

Im trying to see what others are doing with their trailers to make them easier to work off of so I can make mine more user friendly and see where I can save or make up some room.

2. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

Here you go its a 6.5 x 12 Dove tail with 3 foot gate.
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

How much did that custom engine guard cost on your Hustler? :usflag:
  4. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

$50.00 From the hustler dealer. :usflag:
  5. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

On my 6x12 (actually 6'3"x12'): 48" Lazer Z hp, 36" Stander, 36" Walkbehind, 21" push, and large trash can. I can put the three large mowers on in any order; most covenient is the walkbehind front left, Stander front right (side by side), Z on back right, 21" behind the walkbehind. Sometimes: 36" walkbehind sideways on front, 48" Z sideways in the middle (it's a tight fit!), and Stander in back. With the other mowers in front, you could fit a full size 60" Z behind them, so long as it is less than 7' long.
  6. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

2 Everrides, 34" and 52", plus room for a Craftsman push mower. I plan on renovating the trailer next winter, repainting it Everride yellow, new racks, new floor boards, LED lights, new signs, and other stuff, but I might just buy a newer and better built trailer. I don't know if I want to put a lot of money into this trailer.

SCORPION! 023.jpg
  7. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

i just carry my 61" ferris ztr on mine. had a dingo with a 9" auger on it once.
  8. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I can carry 2 z's with no problem on my 6x14 it would be a little tighter on a 6x12 I mean a lot tighter. I have had my scag and a 72 inch diesel kubota on mine. It was very squished. I love having a too big trailer because it comes in handy because I normally carry the tiger cub only. I like being able to haul debris and mow.
  9. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn Enforcer - Just wondering how you put your sign's on your trailer?
  10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I just drilled through the side of the trailer and bolted it on. The ramp signs- I bought some small L shaped brackets and bolted them to the ramps and bolted on the signs.