12yr old with push mower

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JrSlivkalandscaping, Sep 24, 2006.

1. JrSlivkalandscaping

JrSlivkalandscaping LawnSite Member

hey ya'll im new here but this site has been very helpful.
    i started when i was 12 with one lawn to save up for a new dirtbike. After a while i realized i liked doing what i was doing . a few years later i got a 32 exmark i was 14 and it had a velke i would put my weed wacker on it and my blower. last febuary i turned 17 and borrowed some money from my parents and bought myself a f250 diesel and started using the dirtbike trailer to carry my mower. now i currently have about 20ish lawns and get some friends from school to help me . i have a 32 exmark and a 48 lesco and a bunch of other equpment and my truck is now fully paid off! i hope my little busness keeps growing i plan on going to collage for landscape architecture when i finish highschool.

btw i know this is off topic but how are the 18hp billygoat truck loaders?...looking to buy one new

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

cool man your well on your way, post some pics of your equipment.
  3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Go get 'em tiger!!!:clapping:
  4. JrSlivkalandscaping

yea ill try and get some pictures up soon got a busy week ahead
  5. mebanesox7

mebanesox7 LawnSite Member
    from us

Hey i'm 12 right now and i want to have my own landscape buisness someday to. I'm on here now to get tips on mowing lawns and making them look all nice. Right now i just do 2 yards sometimes 3. How would you suggest i get more yards to mow. I live in a subdivision with people that have more money than they have sense so i could get earn alot of money if only i had more yards to mow.
  6. JrSlivkalandscaping

best advertisement is "word of mouth" and your work
  7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i think its great to start out that way we did and you grow on that and make it big....hopefully
  8. JrSlivkalandscaping

yea i hope so ... who has a collage degree ? im looking to go into landscape artitecture (i cant spell) any suggestions
  9. blakeg314

blakeg314 LawnSite Member

lookin at umass amherst, colorado state, uconn and unh, all for turf management those are all the ones im lookin into but your around new jersey i dont no any around there, there are tons of them out there
  10. JrSlivkalandscaping

i dont want turf manegment i want landscape artitecture like hardscaping ex.. retaing walls yard design pavers not land matiance.... i cant spell sorry