$13.00 for a stihl wrench?????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by locallawncare.ca, Sep 2, 2014.

1. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds about retail for the scrwrench. It's not a great torx driver. Lots of better stuff out there. It's just something convenient, and generally comes free with the tool.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

because they had a pile of them from not giving them to the OP:clapping:

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

my stihl br600 came with 3 tools. one small screwdriver, one wrench with a torx screw on the end and another with a flat tip screwdriver on the end.

how could you break one of the wrenches? what did you do?

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a dealer in my area that sells the "free" eye protection that is given with ALL handheld equipment for $2 each.

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    those lame "chemistry goggles" they get kids with glasses to wear over their glasses in high school? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Classic.

I hate my dealer.
    They don't know jack about jack.

Well I can't say that, they are knowledgeable about kawasaki and honda engines.
    It's a scag/stihl dealership.
    I went in there asking about a scag/giant vac wheeled leaf blower, and they tried to sell me a billy goat, trying to tell me scag doesn't make blowers.
    DUDE… you have a scag leaf loader in your yard for sale.

They do stuff like this all the time, you try to buy an SWZT they try to sell you a VRIDE because "that's what you're describing, you're just confused"

They have NO clue about their product, they really don't.

However.
    That being said.
    If I want a sharpening file for my chainsaw?
    Just take one.
    A soda?
    On the house.
    Scrench? sure no problem.

We have 6 scag machines, and nothing but a wall of stihl (crap)
    We always pay our bills and are good for $10,000 in sales per year or more every year for them.
    IF I wanted a calendar, they would probably give me one too.

This all really depends on your volume and who you are to them as a customer tho.

They don't treat everyone like that, and there are tons of S-Bag customers that go in there just to give them a hard time (like this one crazy hispanic lady, who is always trying to get them o give her a free honda push mower, she thinks if she drops off hers for a warranty repair, thats he should just be able to wander out with a new one on the showroom floor… "this one mine now"…I think she really speaks a lot more english than she lets on and just plays the race card…she's seriously in there every 4-6 weeks trying to pull something)

Dealers see a lot of BS, so if they don't know you or your company rep.
    It's just business baby.

I know. guys think they spent 10 grand on a machine a few years ago, and 600 on a blower last year,so they should be a valued customer, but that's not really how it is… you're just another customer. and the scrunch costs $13.

6. iand

iand LawnSite Senior Member

7. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

That Amazon link is almost $9 (once you include shipping).
    Here's one on eBay for $6:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=torx+wrench+stihl&_sop=15

If you just want a T27 socket (I've found them to be stronger than the scrwrench), you can get that for less.

8. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Throw me an address and I'll mail you one of mine. I have half a dozen strewn about.

Like someone else said, I recall buying a few Stihl blowers/trimmers throughout the years and not getting a new wrench. Didn't say anything because I already have several.

The frustrating thing is that the plugs used to all be the same size. Now I always have a wrench for the OTHER size plug that I want to remove.

9. crusty_crab80

crusty_crab80 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alaska

Sounds like ASE in Anch? Lol

10. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

So, I am new here. I don't know you from Adam. My boss told me to take care of the counter. That wrench has a part number. The computer has a cost associated to it of XX.XX. I also have a whole bucket of new ???? over there. The computer says they sell for XX.XX. Sorry buddy, my boss told me to take care of the counter. That's exactly what I am doing. He's my boss and until he gets back, I own the counter.