13 acre church need help on bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeshere89, Oct 16, 2003.

1. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i am bidding a 13 acre church this week for next year, there is very few trees and really not much trimming at all (maybe 15 min) the land is totally flat and in pretty decent shape as far as not having holes all over the place this surprised me to say the least, anyways any ideas on how long it will take me to cut this and what i should charge, i was considering buying a lazer 72 to add to the fleet or maybe something larger, any help would be great.

2. j_loppy

j_loppy LawnSite Member

one word... contract. Be very careful, because they may decide to let the parishoners do it w/o telling you. I know, that's more than one word. Good luck.

3. Green Goblin

Green Goblin LawnSite Member

245-280 per cut

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

funny you say that,i lost a church to parisheners

5. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Most churches around here are done by members of the congregation or older retired gentlemen with time on their hands and they charge very low prices. Most churches are open area and are pretty easy work.

6. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

do a good job

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Do it with your current 60" Lazer. You'll probably be there 5 hrs the first time, maybe knocking it out in a little under 4 in excellent conditions. This is with trimming and blowing.

Charge at least $300/cut

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I would say 275-325

10. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member