13 Year Olds Work and Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Aura Lawns, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have been reading Exmarkboy13's thread and I decided to start my own. I started back in 2011 when I bought my first mower. Currently we provide complete maintenance to 2 weekly customers and we are looking to expand. I am purchasing an Exmark Viking in December-January when their prices are lowest and I will be purchasing a new string trimmer within the next few months.

The first picture is of my current set up it is kind of embarrassing...

The next one is of one of the lawns I mow, and YES i know the stripes are not straight.

The 3rd one is a before a flower bed I replanted, i can't seem to find the after right now but trust me it turned out GREAT!

The 4th one is one of my edgings

The 5th one is another typical stripe shot

Sorry about the picture quality, I used my Phone

That's about all for now any comments and advice/critiques are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :usflag:

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo0.JPG

photo 5.jpg

photo.jpg

2. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. You are using some good equipment and that's what counts. What size Exmark are you getting?

I have to admire a young man that is out working for himself and doing good work too. Edging looks crisp and clean. Post up the flower box pic when you get a chance.

Do you have a friend also working with you?

3. Aura Lawns

I will be getting a 36" Exmark Viking

I think the flower bed picture is one my camera or I might have deleted it on accident.

I do not have a friend working for me, I am in middle school with all A's so school comes first right now until the end of the first semester.

4. Aura Lawns

Any other comment?? I really like feedback!:usflag:

5. BckYrdLmbrJk

BckYrdLmbrJk LawnSite Member

Nice setup. You went right with that blower! Keep up the good work brother!

6. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You shouldn't be embarrassed about your equipment. If you can make a lawn look great with homeowner equipment who cares? Your 13 and probably don't have the money to buy a commercial zero turn. Focus on attention to detail. Before you know it you will have enough work to keep you busy through high school. I would keep your setup until your get a drivers license and then invest in a truck and trailer and a walk behind.

7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Nothing to be embarrassed about here. Looks like clean work and you're happy doing it. I wish more kids would attempt to be productive.

8. Laurel Leaf

Laurel Leaf LawnSite Member

Good stuff. You are on your way for sure!

9. wkexmark

wkexmark LawnSite Member

hey don't be embarrassed about your equipment, i started with my dad's craftsman push mower. now ive got 2 walk behind exmarks, several push mowers and a 16 foot trailer. we all start small and get bigger.

10. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

I started when i was around 13, only a couple lawns like you but we all have to start somewhere, now i'm 16 with around 10 accounts and going way bigger next year, just bought a toro 36" wb this past year also, I started with a craftsman mower as well, best of luck to you!