13 Year Olds Work and Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Aura Lawns, Oct 21, 2013.

1. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey man, I'm pretty much at the same grounds as you, I'm 13 but will be 14 this month got just cheap little equipment (by the way even I'm loving your equipment compared to mine:) and I'm building my business and will be purchasing a walk behind and a good backie and such next year and more "hang on" to what I've got for this year but still go door to door and try to pick up more yards. I also agree, it's great to get out and do yard work and be productive rather than most of our generation playing iPhone or Xbox stuff. Keep up the good work, I'll probably start sending you some PM's and could share knowlage with each other as our business grows and changes! Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mclarke

mclarke LawnSite Member

Whew, you said Xbox. If you said PS3 I would have been offended. Okay not really. But still, that is awesome for 13/14 years.

I remember reading about a young adult who started with a hatch back car and a lawn mower in the trunk. Now makes 6-digits a year (although this is many years later and do more than just "maintenance" now as well). But it just goes to show- if you have the right attitude, work ethics and moral values, you can go on to greatness!

3. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes sir! Thanks, that's encouraging to me!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am pretty close to you all. I am 15 and started when I was 11. I have a stihl fs90 r and a br 600. I have a toro super recycler 21" and a toro time master 30". I am getting a Viking 48 soon. I have a 12 foot trailer and have my dad drive me around. Keep it up and you will become very successful. If you have any questions just let me know because I started just like you.

5. PA GrassChoppers

PA GrassChoppers LawnSite Member
    from PA

6. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about using queensboro for uniforms... Has anyone used them and can speak for their quality?

:usflag:

7. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

that reminds me of me 4 years ago except when I was 13 I mowed two Acer lots with a 22 inch push mower. never again:laugh:

8. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

try custom ink I got shirts and sweet shirts from them and the look good

9. Grahamslawncare

Grahamslawncare LawnSite Member

Great thread. First year also. Kinda crazy that your only 13 and I'm 23, and you got a better setup then me.

10. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Time sure does fly. I believe I was 14 when I started with one lawn. Now I run the business part time because I am a full time college student.