13 Year Olds Work and Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Aura Lawns, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Awesome stuff little man!!!! I have a son that is 4 years old and he LOVES to help me out doing smaller stuff around the yard. I can only hope that he will have his game together like you do when he is 13. Never be embarrassed about anything in life. If you put in 100% and do your best, you deserve to be proud. Take a look at my buddy Arena Landscaping's thread. He is close to you in age and also doing really great things. I'm sure you look at the bigger guys threads and compare yourself to them but think about it this way...... Most of us on here did not start when we were 13 years old.... So think of how far ahead of the game you will be when you are even 19 or 20 years old! Your business will probably pay for your college, which, if you choose a business degree, you will be a fully rounded out owner with plenty of practical experience and educational training in business! In other words, you will be unstoppable and a force to be reckoned with. So, keep up the good work, keep your chin up, and stay positive!

2. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember when I started with a Toro personal pace a stihl homeowner special and a little BG55...I think I was eight or nine. Nothing wrong with your setup. When I used my personal pace i abused the crap out of that thing and the only thing i ever replaced was the recoil cord on top of regular maintenence (spark plugs, etc)

3. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all your positive comments guys! I will take some more pictures this week. Bump for some more comments.:usflag:

4. Aura Lawns

Bump for some comments! :usflag:

5. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Aura. Happy me thread could spark some interest! Im now 15, and ALOT has changed (ill have to update the thread). After quickly looking through this thread, I noticed you saying you wanted to purchase a Viking, and had two accounts.

What size are your accounts?

P.S. any questions at all let me know..

6. Aura Lawns

That Exmarkboy13 I really appreciate it!

One of the accounts is 10,000 sqft and the other is 12,000 sqft. I plan to get 2-4 more once I have the purchase of the Exmark Viking all squared away.

I love comments... Keep them coming!:usflag:

7. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

That's how I started. Toro push mower and Stihl handhelds. Worked hard and the work kept coming. Got a lot of lawns from other companies who rush and never pay attention to detail. Keep up the hard work.

8. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

i started similarly when i was 13 now 16 and let me tell you your in the right business. keep prices reasonable quality high and the customers will come in like a wave. Btw great logo man!

9. chris buck

chris buck LawnSite Member

Nothing to be ashamed about!!! Keep working hard and you'll be huge in no time!!!

10. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

hey thats better equipment than what i started out with the first time when i was 29. lol. Great work buddy! keep the pics comming.