13 Year Olds Work and Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Aura Lawns, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Where are all the comments guy's? Over 1000 views and very few comments! :usflag:

Bump for some more comments!!!

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

You bump this alot
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Aura Lawns

I know I do, I like the comments. SO.......

Bump for some more comments! :usflag:

4. Aura Lawns

Bump to the top for some COMMENTS!!!!!

5. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

Kid, seriously stop bumping it every day. People are ignoring you because of it.

Your thread is still on the first page, people don't just read the top thread and ignore the rest. Just relax, forcing your thread on the forum will not get you liked.

6. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Add something new and interesting and people will comment.

Ask a question or ask for some advice and you will get responses.

Try stimulating the conversation with something other than "bump to top".

Tell us/show us something interesting.

7. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

How about showing us some pictures of your equipment after you have cleaned them up real well?

8. Aura Lawns

Sorry for all the bumps guys,:dizzy: I will post some more pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry:hammerhead:

:usflag:

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

everybodys gotta start somewhere and i bet a good percentage of us on here started with a similar setup to what you have...keep up the good work

10. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Keep up the hard work bud. I wish I would have had this site when I was your age. I started mowing at 13 when I blew a whole in my neighbors screen porch on the fourth of July. My dad said I better find a way to pay for the repair so I started going door to door asking neighbors if I could mow their lawn. I started with a Toro push mower, Ryobi trimmer/edger and a broom (no blower). I mowed grass for $20 a cut and picked up three accounts in my own neighborhood.

A little over a year later when I was 15 my neighbor (whos porch I blew up) bought a very successful lawn business and I started working for him, which is where I really learned the trade and how to properly mow/maintain a yard. Soon after I bought a commercial stihl Kombi Tool and my neighbor gave me his old 32in gravely walk behind; it was a rusty pile of **** but I fixed it up and ran it until I had about 15 regular accounts and bought a very lightly used Gravely 34in WB with pro steer controls. I sold the business when I went in the Navy and now that im out at 24 I'm starting it up again.

One thing I will tell you; save your money and do the best work. Take your time and do it right. I was never the cheapest guy but I always did the best work, I never lost a client to an underbidder.