????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by texas, Feb 10, 2006.

1. texas

texas LawnSite Member

i am just starting in the lawn care buis. and sure i fertilize my own lawn but only w/ a $50 3 gallon thrower deal that throws the sand looking fertilizer. so what do companies use and what kind of fertilizer when?
    also how much to charge?:confused:

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just about everybody who responds to your question will be asking if you have a license. Lots of inspectors on this board you will find. Personally, I don't care if you do or if you don't. I see you're in Texas so I'm assuming that you will have warm season grasses, so my help is very limited. The best advice I can give is to contact your local extension agency or your nearest Lesco service center. What to charge has too many variables for me to be able to tell you an accurate price structure. I will assume that all your apps. would be in granular form which makes your materials cost more. Check with the two agencies I mentioned and they will put you on the right path. Good luck!!

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Good answer...

4. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

you dont need a licence to apply fertilizer. :drinkup:

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Just to add to this you may still want to contact your local extension office. As this is true you do not need a lic. to apply fert. you do need it if the fert is a weed and feed.

K&L put it best contact Ext. office and then contact Lesco.

6. texas

texas LawnSite Member

do yall charge payup one fee or the $40 or whatever fee plus the cost of the fertilizer?
    please answer the same for mulching to save me some time
    :rolleyes:

7. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Payup one fee.....

8. texas

texas LawnSite Member

would i PROBABLY need a lisense to apply the scott 4 step? :confused:

9. texas

texas LawnSite Member

thanks. any more replies?

10. TurfProSTL