134K bid??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by meets1, Feb 26, 2006.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Bidding a 134,000 sq ft retirement home Tuesday morning. I was invited to attend the board meeting so I want to be extra prepared - that is if you can be. Just curious what you guys would be pricing something like that. They wanted a per time app and then as a lum sum total for year if they like the deal - maybe would consider prepay with there was a discount.
  2. meets1

2 dozen people looked - not one responce??
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

you didn't give any info on the property/apps wanted/mulch maintenance/tree shrub/insect control/flowers/mowing/etc... your question is like me asking you how long the string in my pocket is?

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

5. meets1

Exactly how long is your string?? Yes, a few trees, flat areas, a stop sign to go around, a sign to go around, one inside curb area which is a circle drive for cars to go around, maybe a branch or two that fell from a tree, and oh 134,000 sq ft of grass.
  6. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

@$525.00 per app. If you use the search feature at the top of the page you will get plenty of info on pricing. What I will tell you is to be very professional for this metting, dress well, and have info in hand. Also be prepared to make recommendations that will show them that you care about their property, not just the $$.
  7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I would be around $500 and if the want to prepay give them a 10% discount.
  8. teeca

how long? depends on how many customers tell me the checks in the mail (opps, thats the chain they pull the S*** out of).
    i would say $500 is a great price, thats only about $165 per acre. depending on your aera and if larger companies are bidding (not truScam, or scotts) you will most likley get it at that price.
  9. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Actually, I can tell you exactly how long the string in your pocket is. Want to place a small wager to find out if I am right. :cool2:
  10. teeca

this could be interesting....:weightlifter: