14.5 Briggs ohv throttle linkage

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by hillbilly_lawnboy, Mar 22, 2012.

1. hillbilly_lawnboy

hillbilly_lawnboy LawnSite Member

i need a pic or something. its an older yardman tractor my neighbor has. he tore the carb off and cant figure out the linkage to put it back on

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If this isn't it, post the model and type numbers off the valve cover.

[​IMG]

3. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

For your "closet mechanic" neighbor, a cellphone with a camera could have been his best friend but hindsight is 20/20.

Briggs parts break down will not be helpful. About your only hope is that a picture may be available in the MTD's online owners manual, but even that's a stretch. Beyond that a Briggs service manual may have something that can give you a few hints.

It's not brain surgery--should be only two cables, a throttle cable and a choke cable. Should not be difficult to determine what goes where.

4. dutch1

from Jayhawk

Way to go Quick Draw Rob--my sentiments on the carb as well but I don't have the resources any longer.

5. hillbilly_lawnboy

hillbilly_lawnboy LawnSite Member

i thought i had it right. and indeed i did. its been a long time since ive had one of those in my shop. and i didnt even have a book on it. (lost almost everything in a shop fire in november)

6. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Dutch.....Its tough to outdraw ole Restrorob when he has his super computer mainframes humming....
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. dutch1

from Jayhawk

I think you right Slapper--I'm beginning to think he has a direct line to every server in the country.

8. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Server ???? I don't need no stink'n server !!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I jus KNEEEWWW if I didn't draw quick good ole Dutch would squeeze his shot off first !

Oh Dutch, I made that pic up couple years ago for another post. Had I not stumbled across it LAST NIGHT look'n for something else, I'd been still look'n after YOU shot.

As it stands...... That's one up for Restro !!! [​IMG]