14' Dump Trailer - Just Arrived!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by SLC LLC, Aug 29, 2010.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Two weeks ahead of schedule and a custom paint job to match our green color, the new dump arrived Friday! Extremely pleased with how it all turned out.

IMG_4484-edited.jpg

IMG_4486-edited.jpg

IMG_4489-edited.jpg

IMG_4490-edited.jpg

IMG_4491-edited.jpg

2. SLC  LLC

more photos...

IMG_4495-edited.jpg

IMG_4498-edited.jpg

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

floor wont look nice and shiny for long :) looks great man.

4. ok4me2xlr8

ok4me2xlr8 LawnSite Member

I have often wondered why they don't line-X the inside of those trailers. I think that would be really nice! I guess the material in the trailer would not slide out as well though.

5. Graveslawncare

Graveslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

That thing looks sweet man! How much did it set you back if you don't mind tellin'?

Is it electric or hydraulic? How many lbs are the axels rated for? Looks like a sweet trailer man, Like the paint job too :cool2:

6. SLC  LLC

It's hydraulic with a scissor lift. The axles are 7000 lbs. each. We were talking about the line-x thing too when I got it back to the shop.

7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice.kool.

8. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

DON'T line-ex it! Sounds like a great idea but, yes, the material will not slide out. You want that floor nice and slick! I would hate to imagine shoveling mulch out the back of a dump trailer with that coating on the floor.

Nice trailer! You will love it, if you have not had one before. Couldn't do without mine. Just saw the guys at my old job sandblast an old Bri-Mar last week and repaint it. They actually did line-ex the exterior and top rails. Looks great (but it is a black trailer.)

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

it will slide out no problem with line-x, that thing lifts like stright up, nothing on the floor is going to stop mulch from sliding out on that angle.

my buddy line-xed his dump bed on his truck and it doesnt effect it all.

10. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm talking more about the act of scoop shoveling mulch out of the trailer, constantly running scoop shovels along the floor and pulling them out. Standing outside the trailer, not in it. I wouldn't want a rough surface! it's nice to have things slide.

And, yes, mulch would probably dump out just fine. But what about topsoil? or wet debris? OR leaves??? I box my dump trailer for leaf season and when its full of 10 yards of shredded leaves, it doesn't always want to come out. If you leave them in overnight or they are wet, forget it- they'll stick right to the surface. Don't think line-ex would be good.... Besides, dump trailer floors are supposed to take abuse! You're not really adding valuable life onto the trailer by doing it. Why don't all dump truck drivers line their dump bodies with it? Cause stuff doesn't want to come out!