1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

14 oz. mp lithium grease tubes $0.79 each

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by topsites, Apr 7, 2007.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Always on the lookout for great sales, I used to pay $2+ a cartridge for grease in the old days (for low speed applications, the lithium stuff), but I found Mag1 makes a grease that I've been using for a good year with no apparent ill effect.

Of course, one might have to study the effects over say 3-5 or 5-8 years before concluding which grease is best, but by then I suspect I'll have saved the money to replace the bearings, should that be the case. Either way, I like this stuff, seems to work good as all the rest (perhaps not as good as synthetic but then synth is dang near $5 / tube).

Anyhow, Northern Tool has this Mag1 stuff for around a buck normally, it's Multipurpose Lithium Grease 14-Oz. cartridges, but they have a sale on right now for just $0.79 each!

I'm not affiliated with these guys, I don't care if you buy or not but I like to share this stuff so here's the link:
    There's a pic so you can see what it looks like, there's other grease but you'll be looking for that reddish colored tube.
    I picked up 30 of them lol, they do have boxes available (I think 10 or 12 in a box).
  2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

That is what I was selling grease for 7 years ago. Yes it was lithium. 14 oz. That was the regular price.
  3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Calculate the shipping, mise well go to the local parts place and but it.. Good sale price though.