1445 John Deere Sweeper/mower with curtis cab

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by viper881, Dec 5, 2012.

1. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

A 02/03 John Deere 1445 4wheel drive tractor. Front tires were new beginnning of the summer and the rear are brand new! Comes with
    60 in sweeper
    72in mower deck
    curtis cab with lights

The sweeper and tractor itself are in amazing shape. Has 1101 hrs on it. The mower deck works great, would need new blades and a rear plastic wheel.
    I dont have pics of the cab or mower deck at the moment. I used it to sweep parking lots for my asphalt company and clearing sidewalks in the winter mostly.
    Asking $13,000

2. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Is there a spacer on the front wheel or did you put the wheels on reverse sides?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

I put them on reverse. It can have dual wheels on one side but I never used it. Instead I just did it single on each side and put a little wider wheel on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

How does that do in snow being widened out?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

Does great. Your not pushin the snow your sweeping so there is much resistance. I never needed 4 wheels in the front for sweeping lots, it was just more wear on the tires. And I reversed the wheels so I had a nice step to get on and off and I could put a wider tire on that way.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

Ok. Just curious. I have the same mower with a 60" blower and blade. Just wondered about stability and how it did in snow/ice. If I hadn't a bunch of stuff last season with no snow I probably would buy it. They are a work horses
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

Yea it works awesome! A guy I know owes one just like mine and has 5000 hrs on it! That's what you get with a diesel! Lots of life lefted in the machine!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

Mine has 2000. Thought the water pump was out and I blew the head gasket. Luckily it was just the sensor, which has been a troublesome item on that engine. I have the boxer cab which is huge. Has a radio, both wipers, flashers with turn signals, and fan. Wish it had a/c. I also added the 2nd hydraulic port to run an up and down chute for the snowblower. I could put a v plow on it now. I priced one out with everything mine has. Over 50k. It's crazy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

Bump
    Posted via Mobile Device