????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 04TurfT, May 16, 2006.

1. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

How many of yall lock ur trimmers and blowers on the racks every time yall use them... I do it every time after I got a blower stolen last year.. Just wondering???

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I do each and EVERY time I use them. I have not had anything stolen since.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i had someone parked out in front of my garage today.... told em to get lost and followed him for a while... very suspicious and now all my equip is moved to a different garage.... and plus hearing the stories about everyone having equip stolen i dont take chances.. i can afford to take a couple seconds to lock and unlock stuff i cant afford to lose a $500 blower and $300 trimmers.

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Luckily, its not to that point yet here. In fact, I have yet to put a lock on a rack.

5. out till dark

out till dark LawnSite Member

I was pretty shocked when I went to the gas station and I didn't have to prepay first.:confused:

6. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

My crew and I lock the equipment every single time...Informed them that if they didn't lock it up, and it got stolen, they just bought a new peice of equipment as replacement...doesn't matter it it's 10 years old and worth $50 bucks...

7. The Kiwi Lawn Ranger

The Kiwi Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

I haven't had any equipment stolen yet but I had 2, 3 gallon cans of 2 stroke gas get stolen this afternoon . $ 13.00 worth of gas hope it oils up their plugs in the peice of crap they're driving.
    The Lawn Ranger
    Taupo New Zealand.

8. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats one of the luxuries of having an enclosed trailer. Only have to lock two doors. Don't have to haul everything inside everynight or lock up each individual trimmer blower ect. I don't lock mine up around here I have yet to hear of somone get somthing stolen. My trailer is usually within eye sight. Last year I did catch some little Kids eye balling it but they were 10 and couldn't carry a blower or trimmer. Told em to screw or I was going to tell there parents. (Saw them come out of the house next door)